Sep 24, 2010

Would you let go?

HOLDING ON

There is a story of a cliffhanger determined to reach the summit of a
high mountain. After years of preparation, he began his adventure. Only he
journeyed alone, because he wanted all the glory.

He began his ascent, and as daylight faded he decided to continue
climbing.

Night fell. The night fell heavy as he was overcome by total
darkness. The moonlight and starlight were hidden within the clouds. There was zero
visibility.

He was only a few meters away from the summit when he slipped
climbing a ridge and fell off, falling at frightening speed. While falling he
could only see shadow like figures in the darkness and felt the tug of
gravity sucking him down. In those anguishing moments he saw his life before
his eyes.

He thought death was near when suddenly he felt the tighting of the
rope around his waist that tied him to a nail embedded in the rock wall of
the mountain. In desperation, suspended in mid-air, he screams "God,
please help me!"

Then unexpectedly, a deep voice from heaven responds: "What would you
have me do?"

"Save me."

"Do you really think I can save you?"

"Of course, my Lord."

"Well then, cut the rope."

There was a moment of silence, then the man tightens the rope around
his waist.

The mountain rescue team tells a story of a man they found frozen to
death, his hands wrapped firmly around a rope tied to his wait... HANGING
TWO FEET FROM THE GROUND.

So... how tight are your ropes? Would you let go?

"I am the Lord your God, who holds your right hand, and I tell
you 'don't be afraid. I will help you.'" (Isaiah 41:13)
~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.