Jun 28, 2015

It's Through The Blood

Here is a Christian song that's been On Repeat on my playlist. I searched for the guitar chords of this song on the internet but sadly, I found none so I tried to play it on my guitar.  And here are the chords I've learned. 
The message of the song is wonderful. 
It is true that it is difficult to fathom how a sinner like me be accepted and even be welcomed to that heavenly home prepared by God. "Why should I be present? Why should I enter in? After all the sinful living and the wicked one I've been."
And the answer to this is Love. God loves me so much that He sees me worthy to be saved. And I have become worthy through the blood of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who saved me. Because He loves me!

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son an atoning sacrifice for our sins. ~1 John 4:9-10
 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ~Romans 5:8 
It's Through the Blood

     D                           F#m         
I. When I think of  heaven
     G                      D
And all the sites I'll see
         G                        D       -       Bm
The walls of jasper, gates of pearl
         Em                      A
The clear and golden street
   D                       F#m
Why should I be present
           G                     D
Why should I enter in
          G                    D
After all the sinful living
               Em                  A
And the wicked one I've been
             D                  F#m
In the presence of Jehovah
        G                             D
As I stand before the throne
        G                        D
The accuser of the brethren
                  Em                         A
Starts to read the things I've done
        D                         F#m
As I hear the awful charges
        G                            D
The question fills my mind
            G                       D    -  Bm
Why should I not be put in hell
      Em                  A-A7
To suffer for all time

Chorus:
                            D - F#m/A
It's through the blood
            G                   A     A7
That's all I have to plea
                            D - F#m/A
It's through the blood
          G                  A
That Jesus shed for me
             G                            A
Not by works of my own righteousness
        D   -  F#m    -   Bm
For filthy rags are they
       G                                 D
But because of that old rugged tree, 
  G                          D
Hanging on dark Calvary
G/Em         D      -      Em
This is my only plea,
       A                   D
It's through the blood

                   D                            F#m
II. When I'm walking through a valley
           G                                D
And I feel there's no way out
                  G                             D      -     Bm
When the winds of sorrow threaten me
                  Em                    A
And they turn my world around
D                                       F#m
    That's when I look to Jesus
               G                            D
And the price He paid for me
          G                        D      -      Bm
I can lift my hand in praise to Him
          Em              A - A7
And shout the victory




1 comment:

Let me hear your thoughts!

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.