Mar 11, 2012

Sundown Worship



Last Friday night while I was on Facebook, a friend chatted me and asked me if I can join their morning devotional inside the university campus. Unfortunately, I’m went back home and cannot join them. I told him I can’t go but will go back to AUP in the afternoon. So he told that I can still join the sundown worship. I responded positively and he asked me if can render a special song. I hesitated at first but I just can’t say no so of course, I said yes. :D
The whole Sabbath morning I spent at our church. I got to leave the house at 2:30 in the afternoon. I did not forget that I am going to sing this afternoon because I was still thinking what song to sing. 4:15 pm came, I was still at the jeepney going to AUP when Kuya Elly (the person who invited me) texted and told me that at 4:30 they will start the worship. To make the long ride short, I arrived at the place of worship late. I saw them sitting at the middle of the soccer field, a group of men standing and with their looks, they were singing. And that was when I thought – oh no, real late. But I still approached them and joined the worship. Truth is I only know the people by their faces. They are all cafeteria workers; the only person I know among them was Kuya Elly and the other two who are my classmates in a Bible subject. Kuya Elly sat beside me, I apologized for being late and he told me, I should sing the appeal song. I thought I was already saved from singing but I was not. I was still not ready but I had a song in mind. I was just not sure yet if the song is appropriate to the message.
I listened closely to the message and it was indeed inspiring! The message was delivered for student workers but as I reflect upon the words, it can be addressed to anybody.
In life, there are many persons we will meet and we will be spending time with. Some can be constructive to our well-beings while others can really be destructive, some won’t even care. But our approach with these cases can dictate how we will react and how it can affect our lives. 
Life is really not easy. Some students need to spend many years in college because they spend more in working than studying. While others might be financially stable but there is something that lacks in the family.  I know that we cannot point to someone the cause why we are experiencing these but the decisions and choices we make in our lives can make a big difference. 
We can never erase the challenges we have in life. That is why in Joshua 1:6-7, as quoted earlier in our worship, "Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest."
And we must not also forget that whenever we need help, God is always there. Jeremiah 33:3, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."Help will come at the very right time we need it.
I like this statement the speaker shared, “If we need money and asked God for it, He will not send directly money to us. Money will not come down from heaven and there it is, God-given. God is not like that. What He will give us is a job where we can work to gain what we need.”
I realized I am really blessed to have a family that fully supports my needs in life; not only financially and emotionally but most specially the spiritual aspect. I was also inspired by these workers and I thought that they are even lucky or should I say blessed because they had the chance to work and be trained early. And we know that if a person would work hard for something, something better will come to their lives as a return.

So, at the end of the message, I was to sing. And I sang this song:



The most awaited phenomena. If we are found faithful, all our hardships here on earth will be worth it. If found unblemished of sin, we are worth it to be called sons and daughters of God. If we are found efficient, we are worthy to be members of God’s Kingdom.
Soon and very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.